Bookkitten

How (Not) to Kiss a Toad
Elizabeth A. Reeves
Ever After High: The Storybook of Legends
Shannon Hale
The Clockwork Scarab (Stoker & Holmes, #1)
Colleen Gleason
Death by Darjeeling - Laura Childs This book irritated me. Leaving out the fact that I wonder how somebody could name their daughter Theodosia, this book was hard to follow. There was no red string. Every chapter started on a completely different setting and a different point of the story and when you finally made your connection to the plot & the characters, the chapter ends and your brain had to start all over again. That leaves a lot of gaps at the end of the book. And I even dare to say that it takes the coziness out of the mystery. Not even the atmosphere of a tea shop and it´s daily business (which was the reason why I´ve picked up the book) could rescue that.
And the end came much too soon. Really, there was no other clue then this purchase of the murder and then out of nothing, the main character remembers poison which wasn´t mentioned in the book before? And suddenly, somebody goes mad, though there were no hints about that in the book either? This is a kind of clumsy.
Well, maybe it was that way, because it was the first book of the tea shop series. I might pick up another one, just to compare it with this one.